Posted: March 18, 2020 | Chamber Press ReleasesIn The MediaMember News
The health and safety of our members is of utmost importance, and we will make every effort to support you through this challenging time. Circumstances are changing daily, and we will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 updates from public health officials. Following the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer of Health the Placentia Chamber of Commerce has implemented the following measures to help #FlattenTheCurve:
- As of March 17, 2020 our office at Placentia Mall is closed to the public. The Chamber can be reached by e-mailing: email@example.com;
- Meetings will be conducted by telephone and/or video conferencing technologies;
- Community programming, including the art program and cooking program made available through the New Horizons Program have been suspended.
- Other scheduled activities including the Placentia Age Friendly Expo and the Placentia Bay Industrial Showcase have now been postponed until conditions of the Public Health Emergency permit large gatherings. We are also exploring alternate methods of delivery. Please stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
- To assist our membership during the COVID-19 Pandemic we have compiled a listing of resources and important information about supports available from the Provincial and Federal Governments and other agencies. The list can be found here.