Employment Opportunity – Chamber Manager
Posted: September 21, 2020 | Uncategorised
The Placentia Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications from individuals interested in joining our team as Chamber Manager.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working, passionate individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who will help us build relationships with new and current members and serve as an advocate for our organization. The candidate will be organized and detail oriented, with outstanding people skills. We are searching for an individual who is highly adaptable with a strong belief in community relationships and who has a passion for success and growth. The successful candidate will work under the supervision and direction of the Board of Directors and will oversee the planning, financial, direction and coordination of all matters, events, activities, and responsibilities related to operation of the Placentia Chamber of Commerce. The successful applicant will work for 30-hours each week on a six-month contract with the possibility of extension. Compensation will be negotiated.
The desired qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a post-secondary education and a minimum of five years of work experience in business or office administration or a related field.
- Experience in financial and project management, event coordination and customer service.
- Ability to work independently and lead a team along with the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Interest and understanding of economic, social, and political issues facing the region.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Sage.
- Proven abilities in stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Newfoundland Labrador driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be an asset.
A detailed job description is available upon request by e-mail: email@example.com.
Individuals interested in this opportunity should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the qualifications outlined above to the Chamber Manager Selection Committee – Placentia Chamber of Commerce by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Chamber Manager” as the subject line of your e-mail.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Monday, September 28, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.